Wednesday, June 9, 2010

my new read


I love finding books that are so timely to where we are in our journey. This is one book I have had for awhile but just recently began plowing into it. It is beyond spectacular to me.
This is a book about being a wife.
Gripping no?
To be quite honest- the things I am learning in this book are very close to me and I'm thankful for this season of personal growth. I am excited to see how God will continue to grow me.

In one chapter, the author is bringing home the point that husbands want to be admired by their wives. This one story he used was simply too precious not to share.

"In the twelfth century, the vast wealthy of Weinsberg Castle lay in peril. Enemy forces besieged the stone fortress and threatened the riches that lay within. The inhabitants stood no chance of defending themselves against such a great horde, and the opposing forces demanded a full and complete surrender. If the occupants would agree to give up their wealth and the men would give up their lives, the women and children would be spared.
After consultation, the women of Weinsberg Castle asked for one provision: they asked to leave with as many possessions as they could carry. If the opposing forces would agree to this one request, the men inside would lay down their arms and hand over the castle's riches.
Fully aware of the wealth of riches loaded within the castle, the enemy forces agreed. After all, how much could these woman take?
Finally, the castle gates opened, and the sight that emerged elicited tears from even the most calloused soldiers. Every woman carried her husband on her back."

I know I needed a fresh view of my own wealth lately.

1 comment:

Richelle Wright said...

i loved that story, too... read it aloud to tim.

Blog Archive