Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thus it begins

We have now and forevermore entered the school-age era!
Wow. Seems impossible- yet quite possible.
I am excited for Jaedon to be in school because he's a natural-born student (a trait he got exclusively from his father!) but, of course, anxious for him as he enters THE WORLD. About a million thoughts have crossed my mind this past week as we were preparing him (and us) for school. Did I remember to tell him about what to do about strangers? What about going to the bathroom by himself? Will he be kind to his classmates? What if he gets bullied? What if HE'S the bully?! I kinda wanted to have a "cram" session on life- what if he wasn't ready because I didn't do my job right?! Basically, the "what ifs" were suffocating me.


And I remembered something someone told me - God doesn't give us grace for the 'what ifs'. I had/have two options. 1. Panic and be filled with fear for my childs' well being (tempting option ;) or 2. Be still and know ... God.

Ok- all that said and I haven't mentioned anything ABOUT the first day.

I feel like a "bad mom" - I didn't cry when Jaedon left for school! I didn't even take his pictures- Brad did! (I was nursing Owen at the time). I think it was the preoccupation that I typically feel around here that covered for the lack of emotion - either that or it will hit me later! The fact that Brad took him to school and not a bus I think aided in the "no cry" phenomenon too.

And when I picked Jaedon up he informed me that he didn't even have to go to the principals office yet! *whew* ;)

5 comments:

The mom~ster said...

:) at least he made it through the first day without having to do THAT ;)

BeckyG. said...

I can hardly believe it either!
I remember the day he was born! Another one of life's 'good' adjustments!

Anonymous said...

HA about the principal's office!!!
I don't think I cried on Luke's first day of school either...it will probably hit me more when my LAST baby goes! :)

Richelle Wright said...

remember brendan's first day?

loved the prinicpal's office comment! my kids think it is a treat to visit the office...wonder what that means!

Anonymous said...

Precious memories you have now of your firstborn heading off for his first day of school. Kinda like mine of his sweet and dear daddy, who likes school so much he is still going! :-)

Blog Archive