Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lastly (and firstly?!)

OK- so I just realized I should've posted all these in OPPOSITE order. Oopes! =)
Here's a (backwards) look at our week in PA.
Our LAST day in PA was a busy day. We drove to see my Grandma for a little while. We introduced her to her 17th (I think) GREAT grandchild - little Owen Malachi.

Jaedon and Cavid (my first cousin) enjoying some ice cream


Then we had an amish reunion picnic. For those of you don't know, my neighbors and playmates when I was little were the Stoltzfus family- an amish family with 5 kids, the youngest was Dorothy and she was just a few years older than me. My mom and Mrs. S. have kept in touch over the years (via snail mail) and planned a reunion of the Stoltzfus family and Rices. I haven't seen most of them in YEARS. As in I remember changing diapers on one of the girls who is now married with 2 kids!! It was a hoot though to see my kids playing with Dorothy's kids! I was a bit concerned that Jaedon might make a big deal out of their clothes or something. He did say "Mama! They're all wearing blue!" but that was it.

It was quite an experience for Brad too. All the men sat on one side and the woman on the other. After a moment of silence (prayer time), the men went through the buffet line first (I had to tell that to Brad ;) .

Dorothy pulled out a buggy and took us on a little ride- which the kids just loved. My brother offered to take their kids on a van ride ;) haha...



So if you're reading this post first- stay tuned for the other adventures of our PA vacation!

2 comments:

The mom~ster said...

it was fun wasn't it ;o)

Becky Gravley said...

i read all of these posts about your trip to PA. i'm glad you had such a good time. great job on all the pictures too; i only wish i could blow them up a bit bigger, so i could get a good look at them. love and miss you!

Blog Archive