Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Rice Christmas - part 1

There is nothing like Christmas with your kids.

Christmas Eve we made our monkey bread for Christmas morning breakfast, decided to drive around and look at Christmas lights, and go to the candlelight Christmas eve service at church (which was most unproductive for 3/5 of our family ;)
Jaedon decided he wanted write a note and leave some cookies for Santa. He also wanted to make reindeer food again this year and leave it in a bowl for them so that they wouldn't make a mess. Our reindeer food recipe was: oatmeal, mixed nuts and marshmallow. Jaedon was concerned the Rudolf wouldn't like the marshmallows but I told him if he didn't that he would just politely push them to the side of his bowl. (which is what we tell him to do when he doesn't like something on his plate ;) Much to his delight the next morning he discovered Santa cookies and the reindeer food was gone. Santa even left him a return note saying that the marshmallows were a hit with the deer ;) We camped out under the tree (until Jaedon spiked a fever in the middle of the night)- and Christmas morning was so enjoyable. The boys got some Star Wars shirts which they had to model right away (and have wanted to wear every day since ;) My favorite was that every day we were at my folks (5 days before Christmas) Jaedon would take me aside, ask me to bend low so he could whisper in my ear and ask "Mama, can I please oh please oh please open a present today?!!?" ;) He was ELATED when I said "yes" on Christmas!


No comments:

Blog Archive