Friday, February 20, 2009

Tabernacle

Before you read this entry- go to my playlist on the side and click on the song entitled GLORY by Selah.
ready? ;)

This week ends the bible study on the Tabernacle that I began in September. I really enjoy having a "study" to do - it helps to have something to focus on to be studying. And I have enjoyed the way Beth Moore teaches- she is so passionate about wanting us to know God and his word.

The funny thing about "doing a Bible study" is that I think I at least get trapped in the "what's in it for me" mode. I want each sentence to have SOMETHING to do with ME and MY LIFE. Granted, studying God's word DOES have a lot to do with me and my life but we can't get stuck there. Sometimes studying the Bible is just about GOD. (imagine that!) Studying his Word can be solely about deepening our knowledge of the Holy One. (which will bring about plenty of personal application if we allow it too)
That was my challenge and thrill about this study. The nuggets I did take away for personal application were very deep (to me at least) but I think the greater essence of this study for me was learning more about God's character- his holiness, his precision, his creativity, his instructions and his glory. I have experienced a small glimpse of his glory by studying his temple. The symbolism of the pieces he had the Israelites construct and how they were made manifest in Jesus Christ still gives me chills. I have had some quiet times lately where I have no words to express my absolute awe of our great God - sometimes words just are not necessary and certainly not enough. I heard this song on a friends blog (thanks, Richelle!) and it has served to speak my thoughts about experiencing, enjoying and expecting God's awesome glory- take a listen.


"One day eyes that are blind will see you clearly.

One day all who deny will finally believe.

One day hearts made of stone will break in pieces.

One day chains once unbroken will fall down at your feet.

So we wait...

for that One day

Come quickly


We want to see your glory

When every knees falls down before Thee

every tongue offers you praise

with every hand raised

Singing glory

to you and to you only

We'll sing Glory to your name.


One day voices that lie will all be silenced.

One day all that divided will be made whole again

One day death will retreat and wave it's white flag

One day love will defeat the strongest enemy

So we wait...

for that one day

Come quickly

We want to see your glory..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like it...thanks for the challenge to slow down...and focus on HIM!

Blog Archive