Thursday, November 12, 2009

Snowmen, Fire and Turkey

Our family is weird.
Duh.
One of our (way too many) oddities is the fact that we have a lot of birthday connections. For example: My dad and brother- one day apart. My nephew and Seth- one day apart. My twin nephews and Brad- one day apart and my mom, me and my Dad in law- all one day apart. Not to mention there are several shared dates (like the fifth of the month is Jaedons and my two sister in laws bday dates and my niece and nephew share the 17th of their bday months.) See- Weird.



My mom and I don't get to celebrate our birthdays together very often but we did get to this past week. We had a nice time. We went out to Bronners on Saturday. (Bronners by the way is the largest Christmas store in the world-Note to self- next time go in April.) It was crazzzzy busy. I spent more time making sure my beastly double stroller wasn't in someone's way more than looking around. The boys did fine though - they got some transformer ornaments.
We also went out to Kobe Steakhouse for our birthday meals. Lisa and Katelyn joined us so we had a good 4:4 adult/kid ratio. Seth was NOT a fan of the huge flaming grill. Jaedon was nervous about it at first but then decided it was "really cool." Owen did not love the banging gong they brought out to sing to someone else for their birthday.
However, all did eat from chopsticks and oh that food is sooooo yummy!!!
My mom gave me "how to make a turkey" instructions (as per my request) so on my birthday we had a thanksgiving prelude meal made by mom. mmm.... I pulled out the cloth napkins, goblets and candles for our meal- not a plastic spoon or sippy cup in sight.
It's fun to celebrate- and now- I'm eating salad for the next 2 weeks straight! ;-)

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

ur looking prety hot for a woman in her 30s

Blog Archive