Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Seven Years







This past Monday Brad and I celebrated our 7Th Anniversary!
I love anniversaries. I love remembering our wedding day and our honeymoon.... and looking over how much we've grown (minus the waistline) and changed (like adding 3 kids!) since
June 23 , 2001.

I was telling Brad that it's really a shame that anniversary's are almost overlooked by the general populous. It seems that birthdays get more recognition than anniversaries (unless it's a milestone anniversary) and there is nothing that you DO to earn a birthday- except inhale oxygen for 365 days in a row. I mean really, you put your mom thru labor then as long as you continue to exist- you get to celebrate your birthday. Ok- so I like celebrating birthdays a lot too but why not put more emphasis on anniversaries? An anniversary is a celebration of another year of commitment and growth - not just existence! ;)




So after I told our waiter all of this at Carrabas, he brought us a free dessert.


Ok- so we DID get the free dessert- but I promise I didn't go all soapbox on him for it ;)


So our day was a ton of fun. We took the kids mini golfing at Craigs Cruisers. (their first time) Seth had fun just carrying his "stick" around and Jaedon had fun thinking it was like golfing on the WII and trying to "stay out of the water hazard" or getting a "bogey" (pronounced correctly and not boogie anymore ;) ). I'm not sure who had more fun playing around in the arcade either. Brad and I did some dance pad and Jaedon and Brad shot up some sharks. whatever!

We went out to pizza hut for lunch. Some of you know that pizza hut is an anniversary tradition for Brad and I. Our first anniversary Brad intended to take me out to some fancy shamcy place in Grand Haven - only he didn't realize that they were closed on Sundays! So, we went out to pizza hut (more our speed anyway) and have gone every year since.


After the yummy cinnamon sticks and a snooze, Brad and I did get to go out just the three of us (we took Owen of course ;) to our all time FaVorIte restaurant- Carabbas. mmmm....


Huge THANK YOU to the Gurks for watching the older two for us too!!! =)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I agree with you, that anniversaries should be celebrated more than they are...marriage is hard work and we deserve some celebration!!!! :)

BeckyG. said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun day!
I think the most important thing is being together! You definitely have a lot to celebrate.
Those are some great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Seven years!! Wow! I can hardly believe it's been that long. We're so happy for you two though and are so proud of you and your family.

Richelle Wright said...

You guys are cute!

Happy anniversary!

Bugle Boy said...

It's funny how pizza becomes an important marriage memory. Becky and I were incredibly hungry after our reception (seems strange, I know), so we stopped for Little Caesar's. Imagine the looks we got from the patrons of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel as we pulled up in our car (which was marked with all kinds of neat wedding-related slogans) and got out carrying suitcases and a pizza box. Haha!

Blog Archive