Thursday, October 30, 2008

the pumpkins

I don't know about you but when I reminisce (which I love to do) I think my memories are a bit rose colored. Maybe it's because pictures of that certain occasion usually make it LOOK like it was a perfect event. This first (pleasant!) picture shows picture taking like it truly is... ;) (this was last Thanksgiving) I just thought it was funny. Anyway, our pumpkin carving adventure this year was...well, it was ok. =) I had ideas of Jaedon and Seth getting their little hands all grubby with the goop and having lots of fun picking out the face we wanted. Well, Seth was hungry and CrAnKy- so he sat eating some pumpkin pudding. Jaedon, my neat freak, absolutly refused to have anything to do with the pumpkin guts. I was holding and feeding Owen so basically it was Brad carving the pumpkin while the rest of us watched. Not exactly a huge memory maker ;) But- we still did have fun. Here's some (not so telling) pictures...
It's a Larry Boy pumpkin ;)

Dad doing the carving on behalf of all of us... ;)

eh...maybe next year....

2 comments:

BeckyG. said...

Very cute and creative pumpkin!
I was surprised that Adrianna wanted to stick her hand in there, she ususally needs to wash her hands about 10 times per day! Eliza on the other hand picked out one seed at a time and didnt' like the goop! Isn't it amazing how our expecations of an event are totally re-vamped every time! It still is fun though!

Becky Gravley said...

oh that's hilarious! especially about jaedon not wanting to stick his hands in the pumpkin. samuel was starting to tell me the same thing, so i coaxed and coaxed until he did it...he ended up liking it in the end, but after a while got tired of it. i know EXACTLY what you mean about getting this perfect picture in your mind and then nothing works out right. i just didn't know other people did that too! =/ i love reading your blog. you're a great writer. i always
think, "Boy, i wish i was that creative" when i read the fun things you do with your boys. that's something you're really good at =) love you!

Blog Archive