Monday, January 24, 2011

Darth Tater and Puke buckets

We had a run in with the flu this past week.
Not a pleasant meeting.
While I will spare you the gory details let's just say I'm glad I had carpet cleaner, laundry detergent and lot of love for my boys.
If there can be much good of anything from a week with the flu (besides the boys getting to watch a LOT of movies!) it was a neat time to be able to take care of each other. There were times when one boy was...uh...sick...and I would ask his brother to come rub his back or get him a drink. It was neat to see them helping each other out. It was also very gracious of God to allow Brad to be sick first and then me following a few days later....at least there was one mostly capable adult around. ;-)
We've decided to try a new approach to teaching about money with the boys. We're still in experiemental mode but it could be promising. We have a list of jobs that help benefit the family that they can get paid for. One of them is unloading the dishwasher (which really isn't all that helpful other because I still have to put them mostly away ;-)
If you know anything about our Seth - you know he is constantly playing. Even while doing his job of dishes he opted for Darth Tater for a tag along. I'm not sure if he was using the force on the dishware but the job did (eventually) get done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are nice -- at our house dishwasher duty and trash cans are part of getting to eat and live here here...however, we have been "contracting" out certain jobs for pay to help with the whole "faithful in little...faitful in much" (at least let's hope it's mucher instead of not-so-mucher 'cause I don't want to be supporting them financially when they are adults).

I need to work on how to pay for jobs in a way that will give us time to divy up the dough so we don't skip the tithe and save categories....I don't always have the right change on hand to make that work out smoothly....and with CB...simple is a must.

If you have other ideas for paying jobs I'd love to hear them...so far my list is pretty short...shoveling the driveway and cleaning cobwebs with the long duster...once the weather warms up I thought it might be nice to "contract" keeping the van clean for a month...I'd pay $5.00 for that...if it was done well for a whole month....drives me crazy when it looks like a trash truck errupted in there. I am pretty strict with my contracts though -- if you want to agree to do it...it needs to be done within the time frame we contracted...or SO SORRY...kind of like the real world. I also repossessed the Pokemon cards until the driveway was shoveled to pay for the borrowed dollar used in their purchase (I'm afraid I enjoyed that a little more than was probably healthy).

~momster

Blog Archive