Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Family time


So I'll spare you from the obnoxious amount of pictures and try to pick a few to let you have a glimpse of our family time in Indianapolis. Our adventure started with a new little (borrowed) gadget named Garmin. All the boys were enamored with her...and Seth especially liked the directions being given in the "squirrel" voice. (Did you know it says "I wonder if they sell walnuts at the gas station?")
So Garmin eventually got us to the Children's Museum in Indy. (Although, I did end up vetoing the squirrel voice because I'm mean.) We had a great time exploring and playing here. It was a bit more "museumy" (yes I know that's not a word) than I expected but there were plenty of hands on/no-reading-required displays for the little guys too. This glass display was awesome. We laid down and looked at this ceiling (which was really the bottom of a 48 foot high display).

We found a hotel with an indoor waterpark. It was ridiculously overpriced but we enjoyed it anyway. Jaedon told me the slides were "monstrous". I think that is a good thing...?








We spent our last day at the Zoo. It was the perfect weather for it. We had a lot of fun seeing the Africa animals (and reminiscing about our elephant ride that happened a year ago). The boys loved the water animals - the shark touching being a huge hit! We collapsed on the way home- and discovered that Garmin may be a bit off at times but overall she was a trustworthy traveling companion. ;)

1 comment:

Mom H. said...

Looks like you had a great time! We shall have to talk about our vacations soon! :-) Glad Garmin got you where you needed to go even if a bit "off" at times! :-) I miss her (or him in my case as I use the man voice!)

Blog Archive