Monday, May 25, 2009

The 'Dawn Treader'

One of these years I'll remember that when I have an idea I need to REALLY think about the implications of it before I mention to my dear husband! Last year my brillant idea was "hey...I'm 9 months pregnant...let's paint the kitchen." Done.

This year it was "Hey...I think the boys need something to climb on in the backyard."



Introducing the Dawn Treader. Jaedon wanted to name it the Jolly Roger like his cousins but since he and Brad are reading the Voyage of the Dawn Treader together (Chronicles of Narnia series) they decided that would be a cool name...and much less confusing when talking about it with said cousins! =)

Brad seriously worked all day on this and felt quite accomplished. But my favorite was when Jaedon (who helped Brad off and on) said:

"Mama. This was a great day."

"Whys that?"

"Because one time I was outside with Daddy and he was nailing a piece of wood to the Dawn Treader and it wasn't working right so I said 'why don't you just cut off that piece?' and he told me that was a great idea and he did it!"

"You're right. That sounds like a really great day, Jaedon."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I think we need a Dawn Treader!

The mom~ster said...

i agree one jolly rodger is enough...but a dawn treader...the cousin who LOVE the Chronicles of Narnia is going to be soooo jealous.

aren't their solutions to difficult problems sooooo stiking fun...

Blog Archive