Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Waiting list

Picture this (may not be that big of a stretch for some of you)
- sink full (truly full) of dirty dishes
- dishwasher full of clean dishes
-couch full of folded clothes
-washer full of wet clothes
-dryer full of ...mostly dry clothes
-toys - well, pretty much everywhere
-vacuum and cord right in the walking path
-car in shop needing $7@#! amount of work done
- baby in pjs finishing breakfast, oldest one home from school playing with number 2.

This was my morning litany which today, by the grace of God, I was cheerfully set about to do.

THEN- there's a knock on my door. A familiar face (bearing coffee and chocolate no less!)
*smile*

What joy there is in friendship. No need to explain the mess, apologize for the lack of seating space (or walking space). Freedom to abandon my list, go for a walk and enjoy one of God's greatest blessings to us his creations- each other.

*sigh*
Now, back to the list...

6 comments:

The Tell family said...

wow...it sounds exactly like my day! well, the work list anyway...but i put it aside til nap time, so that i could enjoy the outdoors with the kiddos!
What a blessing we have in our friends! So glad to count you as one! What a blessing Becky is to you and your family...
ps. we may live out in Caledonia...but you can still talk to jer about automotive...he'll tell you if he can't...but if he can, i'm sure he's cheaper...;)

Becky Gravley said...

i sure did love that post! sounds like my house this morning too! =) so glad you have such good friends nearby =)

BeckyG. said...

I am so glad we can be spontaneous! I couldn't think of a better way to spend my morning! It was SO MUCH better than going home and doing all that stuff you said! I'm glad we can share our 'loves' together....coffee, chocolate, and our kids!

The mom~ster said...

i often think I wish someone would just drop by for a visit...you are FORTUNATE to have such a great friend

BAHowells said...

Wouldn't that be a surprise to show up on your porch some day!
I'll come bearing coffee and penicilin! ;-)

Richelle Wright said...

...sounds delightful...

Blog Archive