Monday, May 25, 2009

Other happenings

Just cuz he's cute.
He loves standing by the backdoor watching the world go by...or maybe he's secretly trying to escape?!

Earlier this spring I mentioned that I would love to have a swinging bench chair for our yard. This is nothing new...there are lots of things I would "LOVE" to have and am totally content knowing MOST of them I never will- or at least not anytime soon! ;) So I was ELATED when I saw this old bench swing at a garage sale for $10!!! It needed some cleaning (I tasked the boys to clean off the bird poop- HA!), Brad tightened the bolts, stained it and voila! We've already enjoyed an iced coffee at nighttime while sittin' and swingin'. oh...and chasing the mosquitoes already too. Ahhh...




Like I said, just because he's cute. ;)





Jaedon's school had field day last Friday. I remember HATING field day. (this coming from someone who got seriously ill thinking about having to run the mile in gym class each year). But regardless of my opinions, I was talking it up to Jaedon and he was excited...for what he didn't know but it sure sounded like fun! =) The first event was to run around the entire track - 1/4 mile. I don't know what number he came in but he told me later that he was running "almost as fast as Dash" (from the Incredibles) ;-) Anyway...he came home totally spent but had fun anyway.








No comments:

Blog Archive