Sunday, October 25, 2009

101 update

Some of you have been asking so I thought I'd post an update on day one of the Marriage 101 class. It was last night and our kiddos had been off of meds for almost 2 days (as in no fevers etc...) so we felt it was ok to put them in their classrooms during Saturday night church.
The contact person from the class told us that only 2 couples had signed up. I, however, was determined that God was going to exceed our expectations- although I'm not really sure what my expectations were in the first place.
We had 2 couples come. Not even the two that signed up! =)
And honestly I was a bit discouraged.
I started doubting if this was what God wanted us to be doing, doubting the choice of material, any abilities that we may have - you name it.

Lately I've really been struck with the reality of spiritual warfare. It's not a new idea to me- but maybe it is. Maybe since I haven't addressed it - when I do it does seem a bit novel. Our memory verse is about putting on the armor of God because we are warriors engaged in battle- regardless of how ignorant we choose to be about it. I've noticed that since I have started addressing it in my personal life, my family's life and some others close to me- well, the more I notice it the more I'm noticing it!
Last night was no exception. I was discouraged and I am certain that is exactly what the enemy was trying to get me to be.
And today I'm choosing to think that if Satan and his cronies think I'm worth their time to discourage and dishearten...then I just might be doing something that upsets them a bit.
And I'm ok with that.

1 comment:

Mom H said...

Hang in there, sweetie. The enemy is very skilled at using discouragement. Pray against it and pray for the spirit of "encouragement" to light your way.

Blog Archive