Friday, October 9, 2009

ArtPrize

For the past 2 weeks there has been an art competition in downtown GR called ArtPrize. (I'm writing that for out-of-town-ers sake b/c all of us West Michiganders are just about SICK of hearing about it!)
As much of an artist as I am NOT- this was really cool. All over downtown there were displays of "art" - some certainly needed the quotation marks to qualify as art and some were actually very cool. I think there were over 250 different pieces.
We finally went last night-sporting our rain gear and tempering the huge LACK of parking.
Jaedon particularly got a kick out of it. He wanted me to take his picture by everything. The collage is different things we saw- a huge garbage bag baby, trees sculpted as people playing instruments, a giant moose made of nails, a "what is your dream" wall, a HUGE table and chairs placed on TOP of a bridge, and Jaedon's favorite were the two uh...creature thingys. He said: "those were totally awesome but they almost had me freaked out."
Then there was "Nessie" the ...well, the Grand River monster I guess since he wasn't at sea...
Yea- I'm still working on perfecting stick figures. =)


No comments:

Blog Archive