Friday, October 16, 2009

Feel like a chicken tonight

Jaedon got to choose our Family Nite activity this week. We, being the not-so-creative persons we aren't bought a little $2 book called "1001 Family Fun Ideas". I gave Jaedon the book on Monday to skim through and see if anything sounded like fun. He landed on a "Chicken Night" idea. We modified it a bit and had a blast.
We dyed some eggs using some leftover Easter goodies, did the chicken dance while we waited for the eggs to color, went on an egg hunt and did about 3 different versions of eggs with spoons games which eventually turned into tag- as do most games around here. =)
Brad read the Suess book "Scrambled Eggs Super" - which, if you haven't had the privilege of reading it yet- I would recommend banging your head against some concrete first- it's more fun. (Altho, I did just hear via storybag tape the book Fox and Socks by Suess and that one is decisively worse!)
ANYWAY- we ended up having a picnic in the basement with some chicken nuggets, chicken pizza and watching Chicken Little.
Oh- and we can't forget a very popular saying today compliments of my sister in law:
"Guess what?
Chicken butt!"
This was utterly amusing (to two little boys) EVERY time it was said (and it was said A LOT!)

3 comments:

The mom~ster said...

no one ever said I help with the intellect....but the sense of humore...oh that I can do...sounds like a fun evening. we did pumpkins...as in I stayed up with the devilish duo and the olders did the pumpkins with daddy...knives and da boyz...not a good mix

Jocelyn Wallace said...

I am so proud of that our chicken butt comments are starting to make their way around the world!

The mom~ster said...

yeah I forgot to give you proper credit...

Blog Archive