Thursday, September 30, 2010

Coffee, Kindle and Candles


Yesterday was Brad's birthday. The boys and I had a little "party" at home with some gifts and whoopie pies. Then we went on a double date with our friends. We went to Kobe where the cook the food in front of you- I was personally proud of the chicken tossing from the chef to Brad- he didn't miss a single one!
Since I'm a working gal now ;-) I decided to splurge (like a lot for me!) and get Brad a Kindle for his gift from me. If you don't know what a Kindle is it's a little handheld devise that you download books on and read it from there. It's super lightweight and easier than carrying a book around. Although it might seem a bit silly- if you know ANYTHING about my hubby- you know he's not only a HUGE bookworm- but he's a techy geek too. Combining them just made sense! =)

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Mom H. said...

Very cool! But I think I like to hold a book in my hand better and turn real pages! Old school, I know! :-)

BeckyG. said...

I'm glad we could share Brad's Birthday with you guys! Blessed by you!

The mom~ster said...

We spent a (ridiculous. painfilled. annoying. -- I digress) evening at Best Buy the other night. SG and I were looking at these readers. It has been the great debate as to what we think about the idea. It has been kind of fun...but if nothing less we hope Brad brings his for us to get a better look at when he comes to PA next time. At first the idea was neat to me...then the more I thought about it I wasn't so sure. Mainly b\c it seems like a rather expensive bookcase. SG on the other hand -- is pretty sure we N.E.E.D. one.

Blog Archive