Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A morning person in the making


I remember my Dad teasing me when I was younger about his need to wear protective headgear when he came to wake me in the mornings. I am NOT a morning person by nature- I was quite surprised then when recently asked my favorite time of day I found myself saying "early morning". Now, I know "early" has different meanings to different people. My "early" is anytime in the 6 o'clock hour.
In my quest for developing a consistent quiet time I have discovered- again, with surprising pleasantness, the joy- and brevity- of a quiet morning. My sister-in-law deems it her "Coffee with the King" time - I like that. Granted I quite often have a little prince or two join in on my visits to the throne - but I'm pretty sure the King is ok with that.

1 comment:

Mom H. said...

I wish there was a "like" button! :-) There is something very precious about giving Jesus the very beginning of your day.

Blog Archive