Monday, September 13, 2010

Schooling Seth




Seth and I have started a daily "schooltime" together. Since I am not sending him to pre-school I am trying to be very intentional about giving him opportunities to socialize as well as learn some basics. I am, however, of the opinion that it's more important for me to teach him Jesus than his ABC's. I know he'll hone his counting, cutting, writing and reading skills while in school- but he won't be taught about the kindness of Boaz, the friendship of Jonathan and David, or the wise sayings of Solomon. I know that's our choice because we chose for our kids to go to a public school. But I'm hoping I don't loose sight of teaching my kids what really matters- along with the skills for life stuff too.

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

he looks like he is really concentrating...i was thinking today that both our oldest and 2nd born will be in the same grades as their cousins...which is kind of neat

Blog Archive