Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fun on the Farm

Yesterday was my idea of a perfect day.
We were woken up to a tiny tot snuggling in our bed, joined shortly after by a not-so-tiny-tot-who-still-is-ok-with-being-snuggled-once-in-awhile.We mozied about with some coffee, some pancakes for breakfast and assorted chores mixed with playtime.We met up with some friends to go to a farm that hosts some fall-activity fun. They have animals to see and pet, a pumpkin "train", hay for play, corn maze, fresh donuts and cider and, of course, hayrides out to the pumpkin patch. Seriously- can you stuff any more fallishness into an day? My typically I-could-care-less-about-sports type husband reeeeally wanted to watch the MSU vs. UofM football game. So we did! We ordered pizza, watched TV (in the middle of the DAY! which is very unusual in our house). I felt completely irresponsible- and loved every moment. I went on a bike ride with just Jaedon and truly enjoyed his company.
The weather was gorgeous, the leaves were stunning.
Really- a perfect day.
It occurs to me that "perfect" days are really a matter of our perspective. Obviously, any days that involve dealing with other people are likely to be very not perfect- we are, after all, all imperfect people. I'm learning that it's not so much about how to have the perfect event, plan the perfect party, be the perfect mom but how I deal graciously with my imperfect life- starting with those I live with (very imperfectly) every day.

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

What a fun fall day. This is my favorite time of year...and that pic of Seth is my favorite of them all.

Blog Archive