Saturday, October 30, 2010

Life lately


3 Michigan State fans watchin' the game....

Our small group got together and spent time filling 20 shoesboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/Pack_A_Shoe_Box/

Our halloween-type get together with some spidery salad (they are fake just FYI), some goblin juice (aka sherbet and sprite), yummy "witches brew" (aka tortilla soup), an eyeball hunt and of course- just fun dressing up with friends.
I was going to label this post "our busy life" and then thought- everyone says that! It's true- our excuses for not doing something, not getting back to someone, not volunteering for something etc.. is "life is just so busy right now"- and it's true.
But do you ever wonder what it would be like to say ( and hear)
"I have all the time in the world for....(fill in the blank)"
or
"Our life is just so boring lately"

I'm challenged lately with the thought of how I steward my time. There are so many things screaming for our attention- personally- and as a family unit- and so many of them are GOOD things. But what if I'm so busy doing "good things" that I miss an opportunity to have a conversation with a neighbor?
What if I'm in such a hurry to get to my next "to do" that I forget to read THAT story to one of my kids?
Am I too busy to hear my kids laughing and join in?
Hmm.. deep thoughts for a Saturday afternoon.
So I think I'll sign off and go grab that book while it's still today.

No comments:

Blog Archive