Friday, October 22, 2010

Variations on a theme



I tried. Really I did!
I tried to think of something a bit more original than doing a thanksgiving tree again this year.
I thought of a turkey.
Nah.
I thought of a wreath.
Nah.
I even thought of choosing another Psalm for memory work other than Psalm 100 that we've been doing every November for I think 4 years now.

In the end- I decided some things are okay to keep the same.
So here is year 2 of our Thanksgiving Tree- a bit bare with leaves just yet but as we each add one after supper it's fun to watch the tree bloom-
and I think it'll be fun to see how much the kids will remember from doing the Psalm 100 again.
I guess the point isn't necessarily to do "something new" - but to do something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was struggling for an idea too...looked up our next house rule that we are going to work on (stealing these from this site:
http://www.duggarfamily.com/houseguidelines.html)

Anyway - we are on number 4...how cool is that, purely providental timing for us to have that on the docket for next month's dinner time dicussions....at M's request we need to reword a little for CB...but still pretty cool.

Blog Archive