Friday, October 12, 2007

Ode to a Dog

Our neighbor likes dogs. He has had at least 3 dogs of his own (BIG dogs) and usually dogsits for friends of his- in his tiny little yard I have seen up to 6 dogs roaming around. Out of the goodness of his heart, our neighbor decided to let his friends dog become a permanent daytime fixture- a doggie daycare as it were. The presumed idea behind this was that the dogs would play together in their huge outdoor pen all day, then his friend could pick up her sweet dog that he would be worn out from playing all day and not be as frisky at night. The greatness of their plan is that they both are GONE from his house all day. Not so with me. Oh yes- I get to see their "great idea" in action - or rather... I HEAR it ...all....day....long. These dogs do NOT play all day. They bark. Actually, to be fair, just the visting dog is the barker-
I was so...uh...inspired by him that I wrote a Hiaku- *ahem*

Nothing I can see
But I'm barking constantly
Oh, to have a brain.

Betchya didn't know Brad and I were poets eh? ;-)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Fanco said...

Don't you guys have a noise ordinance around there? Barking dogs can be very quickly dealt with (animal control will nicely remind the owners that they need to get a bark collar to cease the barking, put the dog inside, or find somewhere else for it to be). You must have more patience than me, b/c I would SOOOOO be complaining by now! :-P

BeckyG. said...

Oh boy, this really makes you want to have dog right?!!! You can borrow Gus anytime you want and I'm sure he would love to join in the chorus!

Blog Archive