Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

I'm real glad that my red eye eliminator worked well on these pictures- now to find a ketchup remover button. hmmm...


The crew- Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, Wendy, Peter and Tigger too!





I never went trick or treating growing up. With both of my parents being raised Mennonite, my Baptist upbringing was quite liberal for them - included in that was basically ignoring the day of Halloween. I honestly don't know how to teach Jaedon right now why some people like to be scared (never understood it myself!) but we're just focusing on the fun part of the day. It's fun to play dress up and, of course, get candy!! This year I found a Peter Pan outfit at a garage sale- which spurred our entire evening's events! Becky Gurk and I thought it would be fun to have our 4 kiddos dress up as the movies characters. Jaedon was Captain Hook (he carried his bucket by his hook ;), Adrianna was Wendy, Seth was Peter and Eliza was Tinkerbell. Adrianna's cousin Colin (Tigger) bounced into some pixie dust and joined us too :) Ever creative Becky made mummy dogs for dinner for the kids and then spider snacks after we all dried off from our rainy outdoor candy-getting-adventure ;) The older two kiddos then got to watch Peter Pan (after sampling some candy). It was a fun evening - my second time trick or treating!

No comments:

Blog Archive