Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Sunday evening and I don't understand how a 5 day "vacation" week at home can go by so quickly. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving with Brad's family- complete with that "too full" feeling and Grandma's meringue kisses- mmmm....

We got all of our Christmas decorations out and up which I've decided is rather silly to do unless you have others over to your house to help enjoy the the Christmas beauty you've attempted! Anyway, we had fun putting ornaments on the tree - and since we have our tree in a corner this year- we only had 1/2 of it to decorate! It took about 20 minutes! Seth literally put the bulbs ON the tree- as in there were a pile of decorations on a single branch. He thought it was funny - especially when they started falling. Let's just say we have a lot of precious yet not breakable ornaments on the bottom quarter of our tree. Of course, the expectation of "Oh Jaedon! This ornament is of your first Christmas" and him replying "Oh Mama! I'm so glad that I'm part of your family!" was a bit lost in the "Hey! there's a hook in my sock" and the excitment of getting more and more ornaments to put on the tree- regardless of the memories behind them.

The boys also had a bit of left over fall fun. For some odd reason the trees in our backyard decided that Friday was a good day to drop every single one of their leaves. Sooo...all 3 boys, complete with 3 little and large rakes, had LOTS of leaves to have fun with. And fun they had...as demonstrated by the video.

And now Monday is looming and I'm fighting the urge to just stay curled up in my bed all day and wait until Christmas break - but I guess that's not really an option huh? I find that while I love having Brad home on his breaks, I always seem to have a transitional day of "oh yeah- I can do everything on my own" on his first day back at work. That's pretty selfish of me- I know! It just reminds me of how thankful I am for all the time I DO get with my family when most other husbands jobs don't allow for those types of times! What a blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the moments of realization that you have...they are so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

i'm just getting caught up on your blog--it was a busy week. the tree decoratung sounds like fun. looking forward to seeing you all soon JR

Blog Archive