Monday, December 3, 2007

I QUIT

No really- there is a job that I've taken upon myself that I am deeming useless, null and void. For one thing, I'm not qualified for this job. I have no reason to think that this was even a job I could fulfill in the first place! For another, well, I'm tired of the responsibilities that I've "aquired" with this job and I'm just ready to be DONE.

So - I'm quitting.

No, I'm not giving away my children. (not today at least ;)

I'm talking about the job of me working as my husband's Holy Spirit. Anyone else every attempt this? Wow. I don't know how your stories go but attempts have failed miserably and I'm exceedingly thankful to be relinquishing this "responsibility". How prideful and foolish I am to think that I could do anything other than pray for my husbands heart?! I'm here to tell you, I experienced an amazing thing yesterday! I let the Holy Spirit work and ya know what? HE DID!! I saw it with my very own eyes-

and it brought me to tears.

I have experienced joy and restoration that is only because of the Holy Spirits work in my life - and can resound that this joy is "not of my own works-" because given the chance, I would boast about what a great JOB I did.
No, it's not about me at all. But I am thanking God that I can experience his peace, his love, his JOY -

all because I decided to QUIT.

2 comments:

Bugle Boy said...

It's amazing how we feel like WE can do a great job for God...it's tough to let Him do the great job through us. Your heart is definitely in the right place!

I like your husband...he's a good guy! Becky and I are blessed to be a part of your lives.

Erica said...

Yeah, I try to do this all the time...and it never works for me either. I always experience the same thing you have when I "quit"...or as I like to put it, get the heck out of God's way!

Blog Archive