Monday, December 10, 2007

The most wonderful time...


Ok I know this is so cliche but I'm going to say it- I LOVE this time of year. There's just something about listening to the Beach Boys sing Merry Christmas, Baby that gets me everytime. Ok, not really but I have been known to get a bit sappy and listen to the Delilah show on Star 105.7 every now and then.
And not only the Beach Boys ;) - or Christmas music in general but I love all the fun events! This past Saturday for example, we went on a Candy Cane Hunt (organized by the city of Wyoming). The kids had to find 5 different colors of plastic canes "hidden" in the snow then trade them in for the real thing. Then they had a pizza lunch with Santa and while we were waiting we enjoyed hot cocoa, ornament making, storytime and playing Memory. It was a lot of fun!
We also made our way to a Living Nativity that a church near us does every year. It's a bit hokey but super neat for the kids. They "act" out the Christmas story, have some songs and live animals. I guess if we're eating lunch with Santa and ending the day with Jesus it's all justified huh? ;)
Anyway, just thought I'd share some family fun. I hope you are enjoying this December as well.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Looks like you're really having fun with this Winter weather. I wish I enjoyed it as much. Let me know when these cool things are happening and maybe I can go out and make some happy winter memories so I won't be such a Grinch about the snow.

Blog Archive