Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

You know those days where when someone asks you how you're day is going you honestly don't know how to answer? Brad asked me last night when he called me from Band Camp (he's gone all week and my mom is visiting for the week). Anyway- I said "I'm not sure how my day was. It was a mix of great and pulling my hair out."
Hmm...
-We went to the children's museum yesterday. YEAH.
-I got pulled over by a policeman. boo. (eh- it was my own fault- I was in a construction zone and pulled a left turn -even though I saw the no turn sign- dummy me- the cop was RIGHT behind me! He had one of those sleek new cars that you can't TELL it a cop car...yeah..it was lights on top of the car afterall and NOT a cartop carrier. ;)
So anyway-
-The two older boys played well together. yesterday. YEAH. (Today- not so much. boo.)
-The swing batteries died therefore Owen refused to sleep unless being held (which I usually enjoy doing but it is a bit hindering at times.) boo.
-The weather was really nice so we could enjoy being outside. YEAH.
-I had to dig out our plunger as the kitchen sink clogged BIG BOO.
-I have friends that I can call and say "hey! what do you know about drains?!" ;) YEAH!
-Owen decided that 5:00 this morning was awake time... and the dogs next door decided he was right. BOOOOOOO.
- my mom let me sleep from 7-9 this morning while she took care of the boys. YEAHHHH.
-The sink is still clogged. Boo.
- I do feel quite victorious for at least figuring out how to take the trap pipe off. (Thank you Jill W. ;) YEAH.
-Altho I realized how very dense I am about all things plumming. I was using the WRONG end of the "snake" thingy (that's the offical term) for the better part of 20 mintues today and the right side to no avail. boo.


Soooo...that's my past 24 hours. What I wanna know is why things happen that don't normally happen when the hubby isn't around to take care of it?!! =) My theory- to help me learn to appreciate him more and not take him for granted.
Is it Friday yet?!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your theory may be right! :( At least he'll know how much he was missed, eh? :)
So, my big question...ticket or warning?????? ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha Thats a funny 24 hrs!!! Why doesnt owen like gas bubbles?;) Major sarcasm!!! ( I dont like those either.) I need to talk to you sometime!!! Have a fun life!!!

Hannah McCarty

Blog Archive