Friday, August 15, 2008

Yes I don't!!

The last few days have been a different dynamic around my house. Jaedon went home with my parents on Wednesday- so he's been hanging out in PA and we're traveling there tonight after Brad's meetings are done (around 4ish) and hope to get in around 2am.
It's very strange to have Seth be the "oldest" around the house and I am amazed at how much I forgot what in the world I did when Jaedon was 2 and Seth was the baby!!!
Seth, however, is a very different 2 year old than Jaedon. Jaedon always was (mostly still is) quite laid back and doesn't really exert the typical "mister independent" 2 year olds are bent toward.
Seth has the 2 year old thing done to a science! I(usually) enjoy his "no, NEE (me) independence and have fun watching him try to do things that you KNOW could be done so much easier if he'd just let you help a little tiny bit... =) So we've decided that Seth LOOKS a lot (like A LOT) like Brad did at this age but acts like...uh...me. (as noted by the fact that both grandmas have been around here lately!)
So that's fine- but the tiring thing is his indecisiveness! He will change his mind a million times about wanting to do something then not wanting to do it. UGGHH!!!
For example - this morning he decided he wanted to push the stroller around the house. Ok- no big deal- there are only 3 of us in it right now (instead of the 8 all weekend ;) so sure.
Then he thought he wanted to take it outside and push is around. Well, I put the stroller in the yard for him.
Mistake no. 1. HE wanted to open the door and carry the bigger-than-him stroller down the cement stairs (yeah right). So crying ensues.
Mistake no.2 was suggesting he put his crocs on the right feet.
"NO! Dis feets"
silly me.
Mistake no. 3 was suggesting he push his stuffed friends around in the stroller. That just meant he had to CHOOSE which friends he wanted!
Crying continues.
In the end, the stroller is still in the yard, the friends are sitting on the steps outside still awaiting their stroller ride and Seth has (finally) stopped crying (after about 30 mintues!)

I miss Jaedon! ;)

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

i know who he gets the indecisiveness from...his tall goteed uncle in PA...

Blog Archive