Monday, January 11, 2010

Simple pleasures.

I bought a pack of 4 new kid-sized toothbrushes the other day and figured after getting over our sicknesses lately it would be a good time to pick out a new one.
OH MY WORD. You would've thought it was Christmas morning! The two older boys got SUCH a kick out of picking their own AND that they had lightening bolts on the handle! After scurrying to go try them out I heard (which was hard NOT to hear since he was practically yelling it:

"SETH! These new brushes make you brush your teeth REALLY fast because it has lightening on it. It feels like a lightening storm in your mouth!"

Needless to say, I double checked the effectivness of his "lightening fast" teethbrushing session!

Here's to enjoying the simple...

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

my mom once told me how my grandma taught her to iron ... she made it seem like the most fun. then after she'd learned it became her job...later when he sister's got older my mom made it fun and they learned...and it became their job and she moved on to the next slightly harder responsibility....i think enjoying the simple pleasures is the first step to finding pleasure in the work God has for you each day...in this fast paced and complex world which we are raising our kids...I think its our special mission to help them remain unjaded enough that this is possible...looks like your on that track you rocking cool mom with the lightning toothbrushes...

Blog Archive