Monday, January 28, 2008

Flashback Q & A

A friend of mine posted this on her blog and I thought it was fun so here goes nothing...

This Q & A is about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
1. Did you date someone from your school? yes- but I'm not sure why.

2. Did you win anything in Senior's 'Who's Who'? Uh yeah... best vocalist. Ok-0ur class was not the most talented to grace BHS's hallways!

3. What kind of car did you drive? 1993 Achieva

4. It's Friday night...where are you? Football games sitting in the band section or out with youth group friends.

5. Were you a party animal? not exactly! The only parties were b-day parties and on my 18th bday my friends got me an ELMO and we played Jenga. Yes you read that correctly!

6. Were you considered a flirt? No- I was just very friendly with everyone. (I was a bit naive too!)

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Yes. Secretary of band, VP of orchestra and Prez of choir. Not to mention Indoor percussion, Jazz band, Brass ensemble and at least 3 choirs- and an accompanist to the ones I wasn't singing in! oye.

8. Were you a nerd? see above and decide for yourself!

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? are you kidding? I got "spoken to" once. The teacher asked me "quiet down" - that's it. My entire high school career!!

10. Can you sing the fight song? I can hum it - it ends with "fight fight fight fight with all your might for Bellefonte High school" It didn't matter if we knew the song though- our football team never lived up to it!

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Roberts- Government

12. Where did you sit during lunch? In the cafeteria with my other band geek friends

13.What was your school's full name? Bellefonte Area High School

14. School mascot? Indian- or Red Raiders - which has been changed since it's politically incorrect nowadays =P

15. Were you on homecoming court? uh- that would be a NO.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? As much as I enjoyed high school (honestly I did!) No-way would I do it again!!!!!

17. What do you remember most about graduation? It was hot.

18. Where did you go on senior skip day? I don't remember if I participated or not. If I did it was probably something truly rebelious like- h o m e.

19.Were you in any clubs? yes- waaaay too many. Altho besides Student Council they were all music related. The cheesiest- National Anthem Club. Oh yes! It was a group of 5 or so of us who sang - you guessed it - the National Anthem at different things- mostly basketball or volleyball games altho one time a friend and me sang it at a PSU basketball game! =)

20. Who was your Senior prom date? I didn't go.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Well, it was this past November and no, I didn't go.

22. Who was your home room teacher? I don't remember her name!

23.Who will repost this? I'm not sure! Maybe Becky?

24. Do you still talk to people from high school? just a few and not very often. How sad huh?

THINK BACK TO 9TH GRADE...-

Who was your best friend?- Angela Dawn (Butler) Bills - my bosom friend ;)

What sport did you play? Does gym class count?

Did you buy your lunch? No. I had a FISH lunch box (his name was Herb) that I packed my lunch in every day. Naming your lunch box- see question 8!!

What was your favorite class? History and Choir

Did you go to the dances? no

Who was your Science teacher? Mrs. R...rrrr...Rhin..something...

Who was your English teacher? Mr. Gephart

Who was your History teacher? Miss Taylor- the sweetest lady ever.

Were you a Bully or the one getting Bullied? Neither. Altho there was one time when a guy tried to take my hat off (our school had a "no hat" policy) but since I had started my chemo this year, I lost my hair and was allowed to wear hats. I chewed him out a bit and he left me alone after that ;)

Who was your Math teacher? ooo- Mrs. I-smoke-between-every-class Hoffman

Did you think you were cool? Hmm... I was 15 and had no hair. Not so cool.

Did you wear make up? I don't remember.

Describe your outfits.? I was (and still am) a jeans and tees type of gal. My favorite Tshirt was one with 20 small cans of spinach on it (and popeye on the bottom). Can we go back to the Nerd question?! =D

Did you even have a cellphone? What's that? No one had any cell phones!

What was the best about 9th grade? Well, since this was the year I discovered, was diagnosed and treated for Hodgkins the entire school year- I'd say the best thing about it was the end! Altho I had some great friends and teacher support that year too. My parents took me and my kindred spirit friend (Angela) to Prince Edward Island. (Anyone know Anne of Green Gables?!)

Do you miss it? Miss 9th grade? uhhh...no.

2 comments:

Jeff & Elizabeth said...

Somehow us band geeks seemed to be able to seek eachother out for friendships even a decade later! I'm amazed, now that so many people have filled out that survey, how much I was just like so many of my current friends back in high school!!

Bugle Boy said...

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes - a freshman!

2. Did you win anything in Senior's 'Who's Who'? Most likely to be a monk.

3. What kind of car did you drive? Parents' car...I didn't have my own.

4. It's Friday night...where are you? With the band or with the youth group.

5. Were you a party animal? not exactly! Birthday parties...

6. Were you considered a flirt? Maybe...I was just trying to be friendly.

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band all the way!

8. Were you a nerd? probably...I was to embarassed to admit it.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
I received one detention...that was in 7th grade.

10. Can you sing the fight song? The melody, not the words...it was long and boring.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Brower - band, Mr. Huizenga (Hammerin' Hank) - world civ. and econ.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? In the cafeteria with my other band geek friends

13.What was your school's full name? Grandville High School

14. School mascot? Bulldog

15. Were you on homecoming court? No.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Perhaps a couple of instances, but not the entire year!

17. What do you remember most about graduation? Playing tennis in my graduation cap and gown.

18. Where did you go on senior skip day? Didn't.

19.Were you in any clubs? School newspaper, chess (yup...), drama

20. Who was your Senior prom date? I didn't go.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Missed that...I didn't feel like going to the local prison (hahaha...just kidding).

22. Who was your home room teacher? Didn't have it.

23.Who will repost this? I'm not sure! Maybe Becky? This counts, right?

24. Do you still talk to people from high school? NONE

THINK BACK TO 9TH GRADE...-

Who was your best friend?- James Jackson

What sport did you play? Marching band!

Did you buy your lunch? Yup.

What was your favorite class? Band, biology, geometry

Did you go to the dances? that class wasn't offered.

Who was your Science teacher? Mr. McDaniels...two of my most memorable moments was putting antibiotic disks into the fish tank and watching Mr. MCD. put a condom on a banana!

Who was your English teacher? I don't remember her name, but she had really long hair that she stacked up on top of her head...it gave her an extra 8 inches at least!

Who was your History teacher? Mr. Huizinga and Mr. Homlund (he thought that everything was a communist plot)

Were you a Bully or the one getting Bullied? Some of the seniors in band picked on us freshies...

Who was your Math teacher? Mrs. Hildenbrand...I just saw her last week!

Did you think you were cool? Not really...

Did you wear make up? Only if I had a bad acne day.

Describe your outfits.? I was always one fashion trend behind.

Did you even have a cellphone? What's that? No one had any cell phones!

What was the best about 9th grade? The end.

Do you miss it? Miss 9th grade? uhhh...no.

Blog Archive