Monday, January 7, 2008

No question!!!!

Well, despite my PINK blogging template ;) God has decided he thinks we must be doing an okay job at this boy thing so here comes round #3! Either that or we're really messing up this raising boys thing so we need to start from scratch again! ;) There was uh- no questioning our discovery either! This little guy lacks all forms of modesty - quite obviously a BOY.

*Sigh*
How can you be sad when you see this perfect little life moving on the screen in front of you. Little toes and fingers and it's heart beating- so sweet. It's hard to be disappointed in a new baby! I am though- I was so hoping to have to mess with tights and hair ties that never stay in and dresses...
but since I have been home and the reality sets in I am getting okay with the idea of another boy. I do honestly love having my boys - I think some of my "wanting a girl" reasons are rather vain anyway! =)

God knows what's best and this must be it for our family! He is healthy, active and growing great -We are so blessed.

Now- I just need to come up with NAMES!!!!!

7 comments:

Mike and Sarah said...

Congratulations on your healthy baby. I can understand how you must feel a little disappointed, but I firmly believe that God is the designer of our families and God intended this little guy for your family. I felt disappointed at two of my ultrasounds. I really wanted Micah to be a girl and I really wanted Mary Kate to be a boy (I thought three boys sounded like fun). I know God will use these next few months to prepare you for life with three boys. At least Brad can now consider the name Asher. :)

friendlyfaces said...

How I prayed for a boy so long ago... and one, two, three little girls and then a surprise blessing! A boy! And God is blessing you with another little one, full of fun and life and boy things.. and so far, someday, you'll have three new daughters!
Praise God, he understands our disapointments and brings great joy!

grandmarice said...

It is best that God makes those choices. The Rice family get togethers will be interesting with all those boys! Lot of noise and wrestling! Sunni will have lots of
protection. She will have to get a lot of approvals for her "dates".
You guys are good parents of boys
and now we will almost have a baseball team!!
God bless you as you raise them
in a Godly manner.

Bugle Boy said...

Grandmarice is wise! God makes the best choices...I am interested to hear His reasons for the baby we lost...I'm sure that He knows what is best for this one too. Remember: God showed your little one to Abraham on that clear, starry night. He's had a lot of time to think about your little boy...that is a comfort!

Just a suggestion...please don't start putting tights and hair accessories on your little men...

: )

BeckyG. said...

Wow, this just gives my girls more options for dating! He he:) I would be honored to have one of our girls date one of your boys. It is so encouraging to see you raising them to be godly young men and gentlemen. It takes a special woman to be a mother to 3 boys! God has given you such a great blessing in raising 3 future leaders! It's humbling to know that God gives us what we need, even when we don't think that's what we need! He knows us so well and definitely thinks that this little man needs to be in your family! What a joy and it will bring about his greastest blessing I'm sure!

BAHowells said...

Ok- HUGE kudos to my mother- aka "grandmaRice"- for posting her very first blog comment-
Actually, this could've been her very first internet ANYTHING!!
Way to go, Grandma! ;)

Katie @ the terpblog said...

Matt is the oldest of four boys and he wouldn't trade his brothers for anything...now that they are all "grown up" they are the best of friends. Matt's mom did get a girl in the end...she just had to go to Korea to find her :) Congratulations!

Blog Archive