Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mid-night Warriors

Brad has been reading the book Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson. I haven't read it yet but he's been telling me a lot about it as he reads it. Very very basically it addresses habits of sin, thought patterns, and life style and the spiritual roots that they come from. Brad just read a portion to me last night that was talking about demonic forces and how praying the name of Jesus OUT LOUD will disspell their power. He mentioned in his book that satanists groups sometimes meet between 12-3am -and asks "have you ever woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and felt prompted to pray? It's not a coincidence!" As you can tell, this book is pretty heavy and addresses things that may seem a bit foreign to us.
So last night I woke up to go to the bathroom (again. still. always. ;) and I couldn't get back to sleep (again. still. always.) As I do when I'm having my awake times, I started to pray for whomever came into my mind. However I kept thinking that I should go pray -out loud-over my kids. Of course, I just kept rolling over and told God that I could pray for my kids from the warmth of my own bed plus- I don't want wake anyone up by praying out loud!! But it kept coming back and after about 1/2 an hour I rolled over to wake up Brad. Weird thing is - he was already awake (very rare for him). I told him I thought we needed to go pray over our kids and he said "okay." and hopped out of bed. It was 3:30 am. Weird.
And he reminded me to pray outloud. Weird.
I can't tell you there was a huge spiritual WHOOSH or anything - but I can tell you that I slept better after that!

So Brad and I had a first in our almost 7 years of marriage. We've been co-workers and co-students, we're friends, lovers, companions, money managers and team parents. But last night we were mid- night warriors together.
Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

wow -- that is neat that you both woke up together to do that...maybe in heaven you'll learn why...I had something like that happen once when I felt like M was under attack...I ended up singing in the kids room...I never thought to pray OUTLOUD. I'll have to remember that.

Gotta run -- we are DYING for spring here ... that and for the babies to learn to sit up

have a good one

Blog Archive