Thursday, January 10, 2008

Oh Brother!




After a morning of redirecting, comforting, consoling, crying and not listening (and that was just from ME ;) haha - I had to smile when I saw these two boys of mine actually ENJOYING each others company. Jaedon - who will read to any willing person- just loves reading to Seth now that Seth actually sits thru (most of the time) a whole book. It's so sweet!
And we have been able to enjoy the warmer weather we had earlier this week. Who would've thought we'd be playing on the swingset in January!
Some of you have asked what Jaedon's reaction to the news of a baby BOY was - he was CONVINCED he was having a sister and told that to anyone listening. He first said "No..." like I was joking. So I told him that yes, God thought we should have another boy in our family and that he was going to have another brother to look after. Then he was excited and has been ever since. His friend, Adrianna, who was sitting next to him when he got the news (moral support I guess ;) offered to let him have HER sister though!! =D How thoughtful! ;)
Thanks to all of you for your positive reactions though. I know it's silly but I was nervous about telling people it was a boy because I didn't want to get any "oh...I'm sorry" or something like that. Everyone has been so affirming and encouraging and I really appreciate that. I am really okay with another boy (especially when I see mine being so pickin' cute at moments ;). The Howells house is going to be a (noisy and probably smelly) riot! I'm a bit nervous about our grocery budget when there are 3 teen boys in the house!! hmm... ;)
I'm taking a poll of what others can come up with for names. I'm polling only those 5 years old and under. I haven't gotten very far yet but here's a sample:
Meshack
Car Racer
Baby
Bernard (?)
well, lets just say, we're still looking!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Amber,
I have been meaning to tell you the same-Congrats to you and Brad as well! And I want you to know that mothers to all boys are very special people! I love my mother-in-law dearly and the way she raised such wonderful men! A huge responsibility too! I know you can do it. My ultrasound is Jan. 22. I'll keep everyone posted of the results. Have a great weekend! ~Katie

Bugle Boy said...

Ezekiel Howells! Zeke, for short, probably? I like the way that rolls of the tongue.

Bugle Boy said...

Or...is it Keze?

Blog Archive