Friday, January 9, 2009

Wow did I confuse spellchecker with this post!

Jaedon is pretty much a typical firstborn in many ways. One SHINING trait is his bossy-ness (or is it bossiness?) anyway, he likes to tell Seth what to do. Typically, he isn't mean when he does this, it's just he tells Seth what to do and Seth (typically) will comply. So other than the fact that he needs to learn that he DOESn'T control the universe, it's not too hard to listen to around here b/c it doesn't really bother Seth.
Seth, however, is stubborn and independent and if he does NOT want to do what Jaedon is adamantly suggesting, he simply won't do it- no matter how much sweet talking Jaedon tries.
This is a sample dialogue of what I hear through-out the day in our house:
"Seth, let's go get our light sabers!"
"Yay. Sabers. Yeah!"
"Ok, now, Seth, when you get your lightsaber you'll have to pretend that it's a green blade because you're Yoda and Yoda has a green blade."
"yea- I Ohda, yea."
"Ok, Seth, my light saber is NOT going to be green but my light saber is blue because I'm Anakin, right?"
"Yea- you Amakin, Yaden. You haff a geen saber. Me haff a boo saber. Whats mama haff?"

And on it goes. I get SUCh a kick out of listening to their little dialogues.
For those of you who share DNA with these kids (and therefore actually CARE about this post ;) here are a few of my favorite Sethisms:
1. I booperMAn, mama...you booperyadie. (I'm Superman, Mama is superlady.)
2. mama, you haff doze gooks? you yeed me peas? (Mama, do you have those books? Can you read to me please?)
3. Naw, Eyes not Seffy, I Ohdah. (NO! I'm not Seth-y. I'm Yoda!!)
4. Whose doze guys? (who are those guys ;)
5. Where my beerah and daffee? (said at night when we're tucking him in...where is my bear and coffee - which is what he calls his water cup ;)
6. I yah you too! (I love you too)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful for you to write these little blurbs down now... eventually they will be in the land of hazy memory otherwise! And you caught Seth's diction perfectly, I can hear him saying just what you wrote! :-)

Blog Archive