Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The not-so-much-WINDY-as-stinking-HOT-City visit...

We thought (I should just stop right there...)
that a day trip to Chicago would be fun. Actually it started as a "hey Brad, let's go to Chicago tomorrow" spontaneous idea in early May and turned into a whole planned out shebang with the Gurk family. Probably better because it's just fun to do things with them and spontaneity is not Brad or my spiritual gift. ;)
I love to visit Chicago but visiting it enough for me. Growing up where 4 cars equaled a traffic jam- 7 lanes of backed up traffic one way is just over my mental capacity and patience quota. oye!
We went to the Lincoln Park "free" zoo ("free" because you don't have to pay admittance ...just $30 in parking ;) It was a neat zoo though. I'll spare you many details because a zoo is pretty much a zoo... My favorite was the underwater polar bear display. Very cool.
We then drove (if you can call 5mph driving) over to Rainforest Cafe. A cool place to shop and eat- oh wait- that's their slogan. My slogan might be a crowded place to eat overpriced food... oh well. It was fun (altho the girls were scared of the "rainstorms" and Seth wasn't sure what he thought about the gorillias that beat their chests.)
Overall it was a good day with good friends and good memories made. We MAY even be crazy enough to do it again ;)


The whole crew.

2 comments:

The mom~ster said...

yeah, you may not have a gift of spontenaity...but you rock in the "hair brained idea" department...looks like a good time

BeckyG. said...

I would totally do it again!

Blog Archive