Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bountiful Blessings

My kitchen has resembled a farmers market since returning from PA. My Dad has an enormous garden by his house and he just LOVES to share all his homegrown goodies. He does, however, need a lesson in counting since I mentioned I wouldn't mind "1 or 2 squash" and ended up with about 11 and "8 or so potatoes" turned into about 20. When we got home our own (very tiny) garden had about 18 cucumbers and tons of yummy, ripe tomatoes.
So I've felt very pioneering these past few days making super tasty, super fresh (and did I mention free?!) meals for us! I even got to have my very favorite - a tomato sandwich on freshly made bread. Mmmm... I just wish we could eat like this all year round!
Thanks, Dad, for your lack of counting skills and your generosity.
And just in case you were wondering- yes, I DID label everything this year ;)

No comments:

Blog Archive