Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer Squash Bread

After baking, scooping, mashing and freezing my beacoup squash supply I found a recipe to make some bread. "Squash bread" really doesn't sound very appealing but it's quite tasty. This is the modified Amber's version (which was a whole lot healthier than the original!)

Summer Squash Bread
3 eggs beaten
1 c. sugar (I used Splenda altho it makes the dough sticky)
1/4 c. oil
1/2 c. ground flax
3/4 c. applesauce
2 t. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
3 t. baking powder
3 t. pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon and nutmeg)
2 c. squash

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
yumm....

3 comments:

Becky Gravley said...

hmmmm...i'm not sure that sounds good to me. i think it's the squash and bread in the same sentence?? you liked it though? how about you make me some and then i'll see =) heehee

BAHowells said...

I did make it and it's really good! If you like pumpkin bread it's basically the same idea. tehee...

The mom~ster said...

been meaning to tell you my mom dropped off some zuchini jam the other day...it was surprisingly good...who knew?

Blog Archive