Tuesday, September 29, 2009

30 years young

We've been celebrating Brad's birthday all month long- 32 days long to be exact. Brad's mom and I decided to carry on the tradition of doing 30 gifts leading up to the 30th birthday. Only we got a bit carried away and had a few extra gifts so we started August 29th - a month beforehand.
Brad is not an attention seeking type of guy but he has had way too much fun this month.
There were 5 of us that pitched in - he got candy (much to the boys excitement), books, coffee, vitamins, shirts, a tie, Wii game, IPOD armband, nails for his casket, among other things. Not bad eh? And I will shamlessly admit that many of his gifts were either free, garage sale finds, or thrift store treasures. (Not all- but lots! ;)
One of his biggest gifts was a kayaking day. We borrowed (see... free!) some kayaks from a friend and sent Shawn and Brad out for the day- as in the ENTIRE day ;-) They had a wet, smelly, manly time and can't wait to do it again!
Happy 30th, Brad!

4 comments:

The mom~ster said...

is that peanut butter meltaway cake I see?

BAHowells said...

it IS PBmeltaway. I still have some leftovers but doubt they'd ship well ;)

Mom H said...

Twas a good tradition, eh? I enjoyed it too, in spite of me being the "non-gifty" one. Now, back to real life, Bradford! :-)

Stapes House said...

I have to tell you that I love the month of gifts!! I just told my husband about it...his response was, "I turn 30 before you do..."

Blog Archive