Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Way

Anybody else have an "ought to" list?
I ought to be getting to bed earlier.
I ought to floss.
I ought to introduce myself to my neighbors.
I ought to not eat that third piece of cake.

One of my "ought to"s is family devotions. Not as in being ridged about it but at least attempting to be more intentional about making them more consistent.
In my mind as I prepare for the devo time I picture my children swarming around my lap with wide-eyed wonder as if to say " Oh, Mama...PLEASE read us that 24 verse section again so we can soak it into our little beings and seek to live it out in our playtime for now and evermore. Amen."
Yeah well, it doesn't ...uh EVER look like that (and frankly I think I'd be a bit freaked out if it did). It usually takes more thought and preparation to put it together than the actual playing out of it.
Lasts night was fun.
The object: Jaedon and Seth had to get to the top of the Dawn Treader- up to where Daddy was- but they were not allowed to touch the wood.
Jaedon, stinker, found a separate piece of wood and used it as a ladder so we had to modify the rules again slightly ;0 . But then a light dawned (with a subtle bit of hinting). Was there anything Daddy could do to help them?
Jaedon:"Ahhh...I know! Daddy, how 'bout you lay down on the wood so we can walk on top of you."
well, strike one- Brad isn't tall enough to cover the entire thing but their minds were churning.
Then Seth pipes up.
"Daddy can give me a giggy-gack ride!"
Sure enough.
And after the Giggy-gack ride Jaedon read:
"I am THE way, THE truth and THE life- No man can come to the Father except thru me."

2 comments:

The mom~ster said...

it is good to spur each other on to good works...thanks for sharing your great ideas

Mom H said...

You guys are awesome!

Blog Archive