Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A whole new world...

Ok you seasoned moms of older kids- I need some suggestions.
How do you handle neighborhood buddies?
This is a new world to us as Jaedon gets older. It's fun but challenging! So here's a few questions for you-
1. How do I set boundaries with the other kids (most of whom are about 3-5 years older than Jaedon) w/o being the ultra controlling mom?
2. There is one boy who is quite nice (altho he has some pretty serious behavior issues at home and school every now and then) but he has broken or lost several of our toys (including a sprinkler). It doesn't really bother me (most of our toys are $1 store finds anyway) but what am I supposed to do about that? (if anything)
3. What are some of the other "rules" of playing at the other kids houses that I should be keeping in mind as get into this world of "unsupervised" play?
It seems like there are a million other things that I can't think of right now- I'm just looking for some "Been there. Done that. This is what did/didn't work" advice! Thanks!

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

i'm anxious to see what advice you get on this one...we've been flying by the seat of our pants in this area for awhile now...the one positive thing (since we can't move to a mountain and become hermits) is that there are plenty of opportunities to learn and practice in a the lab of "real life".

Blog Archive