Saturday, September 19, 2009

Family Dates

I'm know I'm not original in this assessment of life- but we're busy. Because of this and largely due to the inspiration of my (supremely brilliant ;-) sister in law- we have instituted a Friday Family Fun Nite. (I'm all about alliteration- it annoys Brad ;)
2 weeks ago was our kickoff. We went to a nearby park to play disc golf. Well, we went to a nearby park and walked thru the disc golf course. Brad was the only one who actually kept score. Jaedon had fun using the different discs and rescuing all of my (very badly) thrown ones from the ditch, waterbed, bushes etc... Seth and Owen just held on to their own frisbee and had a off-road, all-terrain stroller ride. There was a fun play area there too so the boys wore themselves out playing there (Brad too) . Owen discovered that if he can get to the stairs and climb to the very highest place, turn on his belly that this really cool curvy thing will dump you on the ground. Then he would giggle with delight (probably more from hearing my "Where's Owen..Oh! Brad...Owen he's at the top...or bottom... *ahhh" yeah...
So last night was Jaedon's turn to pick an outing. Being Mister Original that he is he decided he wanted to "go play disc golf again cuz it was just a whole lotta fun, Mom." Being in a city we're fortunate to have several different parks that have courses on them. He thought it would be "ok" if we went to a different park last night. (he also requested Pizza to eat which is fairly standard Friday fare) So we picked up some pizza, picnicked at the park and played our game. To Owens delight there were lots of geese and ducks on the all the ponds which inevitably meant there were lots of geese and duck deposits all over as well. Fabulous.
Jaedon and I were walking back to go play at the playarea and he said "I really like this."
"What's that? This park?"
"No. I mean, yes I like this park but I like this, ya know, Friday Family night thing." (he picked up on the alliteration...that's m' boy! ;)
I told him it's kindof like a date night for our family.
"Oh...like when you and Daddy go out for a date and we stay with Grandma Jan? Only this is better because we get to do it together."
My thoughts exactly.

1 comment:

The mom~ster said...

sounds fun and successful

Blog Archive