Thursday, March 4, 2010

Missing Muscles

Seth's usual response to me when I ask him to pick up something is:
"but Mommmmmyy (with as much whine as you can muster) , it's a lotta wohk."
My usual response to Seth is:
"I know. Good thing you're so strong."

Today I heard the ultimate when asking him to pick up his coat and put his boots away.

"Mommmmmmy, it a lotta wohk and I don't have any muscles."
"Oh really? Where did all your strong muscles go?"
"Satan took 'em away fwom me so now I don't got any muscles and I can't do this lotta wohk."

*stiffling a giggle unsucessfully*

"Well, then I guess you had better ask Jesus to tell Satan to give you back those muscles so you can obey or else you'll have a sore bottom AND missing muscles."

silence

After "lotta wohk" job complete:
"Mom, Yook! Jesus helped me find my muscles and now my wohk is all done!"

If putting a coat away is such a battle I can't imagine what will happen when I ask him to set the table!
=)


Blog Archive