Monday, March 15, 2010

Pictures and Police

I am rich.
I have a great wealth of relationships that have absolutely no monetary value which makes them priceless wouldn't you think? I was reminded of some priceless-ness this weekend.
Becky and I went to Marantha Bible Campground, stayed in an apartment-style room.
Our mission: scrapbooking!
What a sweet gift to, first of all, have a friend that I not only share a hobby with but one that doesn't get sick of me after a few hours! (which is more than i can say for myself)
Secondly, the sweetness of my husband who did not even blink when I first approached him about the idea of my going away and him being "on duty" all weekend.
The only "events" of Brad's weekend were 1. sleeping in on Sunday morning and (since he had to teach 1st grade) getting all the kids up, dressed and out the door in 45 minutes. (I think they ate granola bars on the way to church and I'm fairly sure Jaedon picked out his clothes with his eyes shut BUT they made it!) and 2. the police only called once! Umm...well, it appears one of the older Gurk or Howells children decided to call them first via 9-1-1.


We can't even blame the kids for the quantity of STUFF we took!


My goal was to complete Owen's baby book. I got through month 9 - which I was thrilled with.
17 pages done- proof of my work!

So thankful for my wealth today.









1 comment:

BeckyG. said...

Okay....so I look freaked out and we haven't even left yet! LOL!
And yes, this weekend was another reminder of God's joy in giving us friends that fit exactly what we need! Thank you...:)

Blog Archive