Thursday, March 25, 2010

Writing in Arabic...sort of.

I am now-and-then reading the book called Jesus Freaks by D.C. Talk. It's a book about ...well, Jesus Freaks- people young and old so convinced that Scripture is truth that they are/were tortured, imprisoned, beaten and killed for their faith. It has older martyrs stories as well as modern ones- like the 12 year old I read about today. Her story took place in 1994.
Maybe reading about these persecutions that happen in my lifetime makes it more real to me.
So I went browsing on the Voice of the Marytrs website and found a really neat tool for anyone who wants God to expand their heart for our persecuted brothers and sisters:

http://www.prisoneralert.com/

This website has stories of recent arrests made of Christians in various places of persecution worldwide. After you read their story you can find a link to "send encouraging note". There are 12 phrases of encouragement that you choose from in whatever order you want and it translates it in their language. Then you print out your note and mail it to them. What a neat idea! I hope to take advantage of it a lot in the future. Thought I'd share it with you.

No comments:

Blog Archive