Friday, February 29, 2008

Friend like you...

Just out of curiousity- what (or who) do you picture when you hear the words "best friend"? Maybe your spouse (hopefully!!) or your dog (hopefully not ;). Today I experienced true friendship in action by my best friend, Rebecca Gale Gurk!
We had made plans to exchange our kiddos while we did another Gerber taste test - no biggie- we've done this a million times before- only today as I was packing up the boys, I put Seth in his seat, threw my keys to my chair and closed the door. It was locked.
I'm am SOO thankful that it's was not one of those 7 degree mornings like we've had recently (it was a cool 28 I think) and Seth was not panicked at all. No- he left all the panicking to me which I did quite well! I started crying and couldn't figure out what to do so I called Becky who, by this time I knew would be on her way to the test taste. She was my hero!! She was relatively close to Brad's school and very quickly and calmly changed her plans (and gave up her $20 for doing the test) and decided to go get Brad's key and would be over soon. Then she decided to go ahead and take Jaedon with her and her two girls to Target while I kept my appointment! I won't even mention all the hulabaloo that we had while me trying to pick Jaedon back up and in the meantime my phone DYING.
And through it all she was so calm and caring and reassuring. She laughed with (maybe at! ;) me and didn't bat an eye at changing her plans to help her brainlapsed friend! It is humbling to be on the receiving end of unconditional love and I am so blessed! How much more humbled should I be by Christ's love for me daily -
I hope each of you are as blessed to have Godsends like this in your life. I am thankful!

So here is a serious flashback if anyone is familiar with the 90's CCM band Geoff Moore and the Distance-
I am lovingly dedicating this to you, Becky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZWq065S9z8

"I -I -I want you to know-
I need you.
I- I- I want you to know-
it's true.
There's no-no-no noway I'd make it
without you!
It's so good to know-
I've got a friend like you!"

3 comments:

BeckyG. said...

Oh girl..first of all I LOVE the primary colors and long, frizzy hair on that video! Wow!
I'm glad I could help and I know I was in the right place at the right time by divine hands! I have 2 more names to add to that song...like Elphaba and Glinda!
You are a treasure and you can call me ANYTIME! Love you girl!

The mom~ster said...

YIKES -- was Seth in or out? I have 2 things I'm extremely paranoid about 1) that I will lock me out and the kids in 2) that I will be driving down the road and realize I left a carseat and baby the driveway/grocery cart or whatever.

I'm so glad you didn't have super cold weather for your "brain fart"...glad you have a great friend.

Jonathan Kelly clark said...

I do have a friend like that....too bad she lives near Detroit....but I know what you mean about unconditional love. It is amazing to be on the receiving end of that. Glad you have found that in Becky! What a gift!

Blog Archive