Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Chai-drinking-hair-coloring-totally-not-my-world-but-allota-fun time!

So I knew I was out of my league when I walked into Design One Salon and they asked if they could get me something to drink. Never had a drink while getting my hair done before! (I opted for spice Chai tea...yummm!) I had so much fun altho I must say, REALLY not my world! I felt like a little country bumpkin amidst all these "professional" ladies who come and go from this place like it's their second home. But I sucked it up and had fun with it anyway - I, obviously, did do the highlight thing - (whattya think?!!) (p.s. Brad LOVES it so I guess that's all that counts ;) She cut my hair and did the eyebrow waxing thing too (my brows are STILL itchy!)
I'm not sure how many people who read my blog are used to this kind of pampering - I know that it's not even REALLY pampering to just do highlights and haircut- especially with all the pedicures and massages they offer - but while I did enjoy it I was absolutley blown away but how much it COSTS!!! I spent $100!!!!! (most of it was Brad's gift) for just those few things! Now, maybe that's not a lot for the salon worldees but considering my annual hair budget is around $50 - that's ALOT!! =)
I did enjoy it and would like to do it again sometime- just not in the 8 weeks that they recommended ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Howells...You look stunning, as usual, but with a different glow. I love the hair! The pampering is nice, but i'm with you...it's kinda one of those once maybe a year special gifts...other than that, it's off to the hole in the wall to get a cut (and for people like me...)do my own coloring! maybe we should have a coloring night and try out funky things on each other's hair...i like pink...let's try that! Anyway - you look wonderful as usual, and what a blessing your hubby is to send you out for some pampering! - C Tell

BeckyG. said...

You look gorgeous! Very flattering and stylish! What a thoughtful hubby you have! I'm sure it feels great to be pampered when you are 6 months pregnant! Ooo la la...:)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! And, just so you know... not too many of of "normal" people go to Design One to get our highlights done. It's a fun treat to spend a few hours there though... you're right - it's a whole different world in there. One thing to look into - going to a beauty school to get the highlites, eyebrows, hair cutting, etc. done. My sis-in-law goes to Chic, and they do a great job! :-)

Jeff & Elizabeth said...

CUTE! and I totally echo you on Design One- the first time I walked in there in my sweatshirt and jeans, I almost turned around and walked out (If Jen Doyle hadn't been with me, I SOOO would have!). It amazes me that some people have the money to do that sort of thing on a regular basis! Kuddos to you though for getting the highlights- they look marvelous! :-)

The mom~ster said...

I like your do Amber. Very classy looking. Sounds like Brad knew what would make ya feel really special.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Hey hot mama!!!!! You look GREAT!!!! Awesome gift, Brad...very cool!
Glad you enjoyed yourself!

friendlyfaces said...

Wow, you look beautiful, but then I always have thought you are beautiful!!!
Wonderful gift from your hubby!!!!! Especially with all the "boys" in your house!

Blog Archive