Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our life in a very wordy nutshell...

Anybody else ready for fall??? I know I know- it's about 2 months early to say that but I'm READY! Of course, this summer is just wacky here at the Howells' - I think the school routine will actually be more relaxed (check back in 2 more months to see me eat my words!)
I thought I'd post some family updates just because I can.
Brad-
Well, I know he lives here because I'm still doing his laundry ;) He has been very busy with his last MSU Masters class that ends next week! (PTL!) So ok, you'd think that trying to fit in a semester class into 6 weeks the prof. would lighten the load a bit- uh, no. Brad has to listen to unbelievably long (boring?! =) symphonies and not just listen- but analyze and KNOW them so that for his test the prof. can play any 30 second clip (from about 15 symphonies that are about 10-20 minutes long EACH) plus reading, a presentation, and a 15 page paper. WHA???? Brad is doing great - all I have to say is better him than me! yikes.
So aside from that he was at Bandcamp all last week (which is loved!). He's also a New Teacher Trainer for National Heritage Academies (he gets to screw up all the new music teachers ;) tehee...) So he's had 3 different weeks of meetings during the summer.
Oh- and he's teaching about 9 private instrument lessons.
And he's trying to be an available Daddy and Husband too.
Poor guy! I'm super proud of his though- and we're both REEEEALLLY looking forward to August 15th when all this other junk will be over! *whew*
Jaedon-
We've decided that since his Star Wars obsession has not waned (even slightly) that we're going to let him watch the first movie (as in number 1...not the first one released. Man, I really need to learn those titles... Hold one let me ask Jaedon: "Phantom Menace" ok... cleared that up. ;)
anyway, we're watching it in style. Uncle Andy has a home theatre in his basement - stadium seating, 60 some inch screen and complete surround sound. I'm even looking forward to watching the Podrace scene there! =) So that's this week - after a year of knowing all there is to know he finally gets to SEE some of it!
And next week, his birthday, we're having some fellow "Jedis" over for a little party.
We got Jaedon a New-to-Him bike for his bday. It is bigger than his other one and he's doing great with no training wheels! Goal number 1 for the summer accomplished!
He also has discovered the world of reading chapter books. Oh what a world is opening to him when he sees that he can read long, fun stories all for himself!! And I'm already getting a KICK out of seeing him sit outside with his nose in a book! =)
Seth-
Oh Seth. He is SUCH a boy! As you can see from the pictures the boys LLLLOOOVVEE to play dress up (or maybe it's not called that for boys?) They're favorite "outfits" are pairs of WINTER pjs that I picked up at a garage sale. The jammies are "BatMan" and "Superman...complete with a cape". So yeah they wake up in the morning, get out of their sleeping jammies and change into their supermen jammies... LONG SLEEVES and PANTS in 80 degrees!! blah~
Seth has a lot of creativity and imagination. He's spunky and has a great sense of humor.
AND (drum roll please) is POTTY TRAINED!!!! Yay. Goal number 2- check.

Owen-
He's just a busy bundle of fun right now. He loves to climb (and is fearless of course). The other day I found his pacifier on the top rung of Jaedon's bunkbed ladder. yep. He loves to wrestle with his brothers and OH does he LOOOVE his brothers! He "says" what a Dog and Cat 'say', Mama, Daddee and 'Thank you' (ish). He, however is NOT walking yet (goal number 3 not quite accomplished ;) but that's ok. He's learned an adorable butt-in-the-air crawl that cracks us up.

And for da Mama-
I'm trying to enjoy each day with my boys - the little ones and my big one when he's here. I'm not sure I'm going to like Jaedon being gone all day starting too soon. I don't know what in the world Seth is going to do without his big brother here to play with!
I'm pursuing some ministry opportunities that I'm excited about. I'll keep you posted when there's more to share.
I'm looking forward to celebrating Brad's graduation at an Open House this weekend, and Jaedon's birthday next week. I'm really looking forward to our vacation - we've rented a cottage with Brad's family and I am SOOOOOo looking forward to it! Then we're headed to PA for a wedding, hiking hopefully, and visiting a friend with a new baby.
So- there you have it. If you're still reading this you're either 1. SUPREMELY bored or 2. my parents! ;)
So what's up with you??

2 comments:

The mom~ster said...

thanks for the update...on your very busy and happy home...maybe I'll call you one of these days ;o)...

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Amber! You are STILL blesssing me even after all these years. I pray for you and your family often and I thank you for sharing through this wonderful medium. PSU

Blog Archive