Sunday, July 19, 2009

Too good not to share...

I'm reading through the life of Jesus right now in the quiet time. I'm also reading a devotional book written by Beth Moore called "Jesus- 90 Days with the One and Only."
Today's reading was Luke 8:4-15 - the parable of the Sower.
Here's a few excerpts from my reading today:

"Think about one thing you've learned lately simply from being in and hearing the Word."

"What masses of believers hear the Word but continue to live in defeat because they don't apply it? I was one of them. I desperately wanted to change I was miserable in my captivity. I just didn't understand that the power to be transformed was in the authentic application of Scripture. Our obedience to apply the Word of God is so we can live victorious lives that glorify our Father in heaven. Hearing it simply is not enough."

"The good soil represents the one who hears the Word and retains it. "Retains" pictures chewing the Word up and swallowing it until it occupies a place in us. When God's Word is deliberately internalized, it will be authentically externalized because it's no longer what we do - it's part of who we are."

Good stuff huh?

No comments:

Blog Archive