Saturday, February 20, 2010

A date to remember

Ok- I freely admit it-I was a dork growing up. (Was?) In 8th and 9th grades especially I was REALLY into Anne of Green Gables. Mind you- I have YET to read all the books- but I loved the movies (still do) and Gilbert and ...*sigh...
Helping the disturbed obsession was the fact that I had red hair and my best friend had "raven black tresses." So the summer of 1994- after my chemo/radiation treatments were done- my parents planned a trip with my "Dianas" family- to Prince Edward Island. (Which, I will just tell you is where the author was born and where the story takes place- shocking I KNOW that SOME of you may not know that! ;) Needless to say it remains one of my favorite memories of all time!
So- when I found a children's edition of Anne recently I thought I'd add it to Jaedon and my reading time books. Much to my delight- he loved it!
About a week later we discovered that Cornerstone was going to be doing the play of Anne! YAY!! So I schemed away (thanks, Granddaddy for the tickets!!!) and Jaedon and I went on our very first (kidna) date.

He opened my car door for me (altho it was a bit odd to have my "date" sit in a booster seat in the back ;-), opened the restaurant door, remembered his mealtime manners (mostly ;) and even held out his hand to help me walk across some ice. We had a delightful time talking together and enjoying each other's company. Isn't God good to give us these precious people to enjoy?
The play was done VERY well (Anne was outstanding!) and other than the last 1/2 hour when it was WELL past bedtime- we really enjoyed the evening.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm thinkin' there's a bit of resemblance here...



Future heartbreaker.

3 comments:

The mom~ster said...

this made me smile...it looks like a fun time

Anya Plummer said...

Very cute! :)

Stapes House said...

Love this!! What a sweet little man you have!

My sister, Annie, (Anne with an "e", as she used to tell people) also loves Anne of Green Gables. I can completely understand why it is such a hit at your house, too!

Blog Archive